Learn about the best smart lock for Airbnb rentals and why a smart lock is a great choice for your Airbnb. Airbnb hosts are always looking for ways to make their homes more welcoming, friendly, and accessible for guests. Smart locks help them strike a balance between privacy and security on one hand and ease of access on the other. They are easy to install and use, offer remote access, and allow you to control them from anywhere.
These benefits come with several important implications that can help you keep your guests safe at all times. Smart locks reduce the risk of intruders breaking in unnoticed, they give you peace of mind while they stay over, they enable you to grant them access remotely, they let you monitor who comes in and goes out; they give you time alerts if someone stays too long, etc.
What is a Smart Lock?
A smart lock is an electronic lock that can be controlled and monitored with a smartphone app. It lets you remotely control access to your homes, such as granting your cleaning service or realtor access at specified dates and times; It allows you to set up guest access schedules based on the length of their stay; Smart lock enables you to remotely monitor who comes in and goes out of your home; It allows you to create temporary codes for guests and contractors so they can enter your home even when you’re not there.
Another important thing to know about smart locks is that they aren’t just for front doors, they can also be installed on side doors, back doors, and garages. There are two main types of smart locks: lockable ones and non-lockable ones. Lockable smart locks replace your existing door lock, while non-lockable ones are used to control and monitoring the door without changing it.
Why Use a Smart Lock for Your Airbnb?
If you’ve ever hosted Airbnb, you know how beautiful and rewarding the experience can be. At the same time, you know how much responsibility it can also entail. After all, you are letting complete strangers into your home. You want to make sure that they feel safe and secure at all times, and a smart lock can help you do that in more ways than one.
First, a smart lock offers convenience for both you and your guests. You can grant your guests instant access to your home and let them out whenever they need to go without having to be present. Guests don’t have to worry about losing a key or getting locked out or missing their flight or being late to events. For you, a smart lock also grants you remote access that allows you to check on your guests at any time. You can see who is entering and exiting your home, which helps you keep an eye on your guests’ safety.
Types of Smart Locks for Airbnb
There are several types of smart locks for Airbnb guests and hosts. These include combination locks, fingerprint locks, Bluetooth locks, RFID locks, keypad locks, and voice-activated locks.
1. Combination locks are one of the most common types of locks used in Airbnb rentals. They feature a rotating dial with a combination code that you can set as you want. These locks may not be as secure as other types of locks, but they do offer the convenience of being very easy to use. In addition, they are also relatively inexpensive, which makes them a popular choice for Airbnb hosts who want a smart lock for their homes.
2. Fingerprint locks are among the most secure smart locks on the market, which is great for Airbnb hosts who want to make sure their guests feel safe. These locks allow guests to unlock the door by scanning their fingerprints. Hosts can also use this lock to gain access to their homes. It is important to note that fingerprint locks take a few seconds longer to unlock than other locks, so hosts who want quick access to their homes may not want to install a fingerprint lock.
3. Bluetooth locks use a smartphone app to unlock and lock doors. The app connects to the lock via Bluetooth, which means it works with any phone and any operating system. Many people like Bluetooth locks because they are easy to install. You just have to screw the lock into your door, connect it to your phone, and you’re set.
4. RFID locks use a radio-frequency identification (RFID) card to unlock doors. These cards are often used for employee ID badges at work, but they are also popular as Airbnb smart locks. There are several advantages to an RFID lock. First, you don’t have to fumble around for your ID to unlock the door. Second, you can keep a variety of cards and give your guests their own cards to unlock the door, which makes things even more convenient.
5. Keypad locks use a code to unlock the door. These locks don’t require a special card, a phone app, or a fingerprint to open the door. They are often used in combination with another type of smart lock to give guests quick entry without having to unlock and reprogram the lock each time. Keypad locks are easy to set up, but they don’t offer the added safety and security of other types of smart locks.
6. Voice-activated locks are voice-controlled smart locks that let you unlock your door just by speaking. These locks are convenient and useful for a variety of people, including those with disabilities who may have trouble unlocking doors with their hands. However, guests can’t use them unless they know the host’s voice, which may not make as much sense for an Airbnb rental when you have lots of different people coming and going.
Smart Lock Safety Tips
Always make sure to read the instructions carefully before installing your smart lock. Some models come with the option to install a regular lock, which you may want to do in places like your garage door, where you don’t want a smart lock. The same goes for your back door if you don’t want to grant guests access there.
Before you let a contractor or service person into your home, make sure they have their own smart lock or that you are using yours so that they can gain access remotely.
1. Make sure you have a plan for who has access to your home when you aren’t there. You may want to create a code for your guests and make sure they are aware that you don’t have access to that code.
2. Keep your phone charged. If you lose connectivity, the lock won’t work.
3. Choose a lock that fits your budget. Some smart locks can be pretty expensive, but there are many good ones at a reasonable price that offer great features.
4. Look for locks that are easy to install. If you rent, you probably don’t want to mess with wiring.
5. Choose a lock that works with your existing door hardware. You don’t want to have to replace your door just because you switch to a smart lock.
6. Make sure the lock you choose is reliable. You don’t want it to fail at a crucial time. You also don’t want it to gather information about you and your guests.
7. Read reviews of different smart locks to find the one that best fits your needs. You want to make sure you find a lock that will work with both Android and iOS devices.
Airbnb Guests and Safety
Smart locks are a great way to keep your guests safe while they are in your home. With a remote access device, you can give your guests access to the property at any time, even when you aren’t there. This protection can be useful for Airbnb guests who arrive late at night when public transportation is less frequent.
It can also be helpful for guests who need to leave early in the morning, when it may be dark outside. If you install a smart lock for your Airbnb guests, make sure that you also install it for your own use. You don’t want to give your guests access to your belongings and then be unable to enter your own home.
When you welcome guests into your home through Airbnb, you want them to be safe and comfortable. A smart lock is a great way to achieve these goals. Guests feel safer because they know you can remotely unlock the door for them. You can also lock the door behind them as they leave the house, so you can rest easy knowing the door is secure. With a smart lock, you can also control who has access to the home. This can help you avoid uncomfortable situations, like if a guests significant other comes to visit unexpectedly.
Be sure to select guests carefully, and if you have any doubts, you’ll have the added assurance of a smart lock. If you rent out your home regularly and have a traditional lock installed, it can become a pain to change the lock every time you have a new guest. With a smart lock, you can grant access to guests instantly, and change the settings when they leave. This saves you time and headache, and guests appreciate the convenience.
What to Look for in a Smart Lock for Airbnb
If you’re in the market for a smart lock, there are a few things to keep in mind while shopping. You want a lock that is easy to install without any mess or fuss. Make sure you choose a lock that works with your smartphone and your operating system. Finally, make sure the lock is reliable and has a good reputation. You don’t want to purchase a lock that will fail when you most need it. As you’re shopping, you may notice that some locks are designed specifically for vacation rentals, while others aren’t.
There are several important factors to consider for a smart lock when shopping online through Amazon, etc. These include ease of installation, WiFi connection, compatibility, price, security, guest access, smartphone app, and compatibility with other smart home devices.
Installation – The installation of your lock should be as easy as possible. A traditional lock is relatively straightforward, but a smart lock may require some extra wiring and technical knowledge.
WiFi connection – Your smart lock should have a reliable WiFi connection and a strong signal. You don’t want to have interruptions and dropped connections when you’re trying to unlock your door or let a guest in. Look for models that have a strong, dedicated WiFi connection that isn’t shared by other devices in your home.
Compatibility – Make sure your lock is compatible with your door and home system. There are many options out there, and you’ll want to choose the one that best suits your needs.
Price – Smart locks can cost anywhere between $50 and $500, depending on the model and brand. Look for models that are priced fairly and come with a warranty.
Security – The best locks have an occupancy sensor that lets you know when someone is in the house. If your guests are in the living room watching a movie, the sensor will tell you that they’re there.
Guest access – Look for a lock that lets you give codes and access to specific guests, such as a single code for delivery people or another for your pet sitter.
Smartphone app – Make sure your lock has a smartphone app that’s easy to navigate and easy to use.
Best Smart Lock for Vacation Rental
Since there are many different types of smart locks on the market, it can be hard to know which one is best for you. You can select the one that best suits your specific needs and matches your budget. We’ve put together a list of some of the best smart locks for vacation rental below.
1. August Smart Lock – This smart lock is one of the best on the market. It has numerous features, and it’s easy to install. Users also love its sleek aesthetic. The app is easy to use, and you can control the lock remotely through a mobile device.
2. Kevo Smart Lock – Featuring a sleek design, Kevo is another popular smart lock option. It uses a keypad and mobile app as methods of entry, so it’s perfect for guests.
3. Goji Smart Lock – Another keypad lock, Goji is a great option for homeowners on a budget. It works with your existing deadbolt, and the app is easy to use.
4. Yale Real Living Smart Lock – The Yale lock is a nice option if you have a higher budget. It’s one of the most secure smart locks on the market, and it’s easy to install.
5. Hornbill Digital Smart Lock – Hornbill smart door locks can be controlled by your phone, with functions such as sending e-keys, remotely unlocking, and automatic locking.
Pros and Cons of Using a Smart Lock in an Airbnb
When you have guests coming to stay at your place, you have to make sure they feel safe. You can help them feel even safer when they come to visit you by installing a smart lock. A smart lock can help you stay safe from unwanted intruders by keeping your Airbnb guests safe from unwanted intruders. Airbnb guests can stay safer when you use a smart lock.
Pros of Using a Smart Lock
1. Guests love the added convenience and can gain access to your home at any time using the app. You can also control who has access and for how long, which is helpful if you want to keep children out of certain areas.
2. You can remotely lock the door whenever you want. This is a great feature for when you want to go on a vacation, but don’t want to leave the key with someone you don-t know well.
3. You can also set specific access schedules for different days or times of the day. This is helpful for keeping noise levels down if your neighbors are sensitive to noise.
4. You can also change the code remotely if you ever need to.
5. Many smart locks are extremely easy to install, so you won’t need to hire a professional.
6. A smart lock is a great option if you rent out your home frequently. It can help you save time, and keep guests happy.
Cons of Using a Smart Lock
1. The biggest downside to a smart lock is the cost. Many smart locks are pretty expensive, and you’ll need to install a new deadbolt, which will cost extra.
2. Guests may not like the idea of having a smart lock, especially if they’re renting your home long-term. Some people prefer the security of a traditional key.
3. Some smart locks are more secure than others. You’ll want to do some research before you select a lock and see what features it offers.
Tips to Help You Make the Right Choice
There are many reasons why you should use a smart lock for your Airbnb guests. They provide safety to both the host and the guest. They can be remotely granted and denied access, they come with convenience, and they offer flexibility. A smart lock is an excellent choice for your Airbnb because it can be installed quickly and easily. It offers a lot of benefits and allows you to keep a close eye on who is coming and going. When it comes to choosing a smart lock for your Airbnb, there are a few things you should take into account.
1. Think about your guests – Do your guests prefer a key or app access? Do you want to give them the option to choose? You can also ask them for their preference, and see what they think about a smart lock.
2. Think about your needs – Are you renting out your home frequently? Is it best to give guests access to a key or an app? Do you have children and want them to have a key? These are all things you’ll want to think about.
3. See what features are available – Every lock is different, so you’ll want to select a lock that has the features you want.
4. Think about installation – You’ll want to make sure you can install it, and that you have the right tools to do so.
5. Consider your budget – You can find smart locks for every budget, so make sure you set a budget and don’t spend more than you can afford.
How to Use Airbnb Smart Lock?
Most smart locks are easy to install, and you’ll be able to start using them right away. Simply select the lock that best suits your needs, and follow the instructions included in the box. Once installed, you’ll use the app to control the lock. You can remotely unlock the door for guests, set specific times, and more. You can also give guests access to the app, so they can unlock the door themselves at any time. This is a great feature if you’re ever out of town and need someone to let them in.
You can use Airbnb smart lock with the help of a smartphone app. Simply download the app and follow the instructions to set up your lock. Once the lock is installed, you can grant your guests access remotely. All you have to do is key in the guest’s name and select the duration for which they need access to your home. The app will display them a confirmation message and they can open the lock by tapping on their phone screen. If you want to deny access to a guest, you can do so by editing the guest’s name in the app and selecting the button “deny access”.
The smart lock can be used also to control guest access using Alexa or Google Assistant by using specific voice commands. You can say, “Alexa, unlock Airbnb” or “OK Google, unlock Airbnb” to open the lock. You can also use specific commands to deny or grant access to guests. For example, “Alexa, deny Airbnb access” or “OK Google, deny Airbnb access”.
Final Words: Best Smart Lock for Airbnb
Smart locks are great for Airbnb hosts or those who want to add an extra layer of security to their guest access. Most models are easy to install and come with instructions included. Additionally, most models come with a companion app where you can control guest access remotely. All you have to do is enter the guest’s name and select the duration for which they need access to your home.
If you’re thinking of investing in a smart lock, then now is the time!
There are a ton of deals out there, and many manufacturers are offering special incentives. Whether you want to host more guests or simply want to make your guests feel more welcome, a smart lock is a great investment. A smart lock is an excellent choice for your Airbnb because it can be installed quickly and easily. It offers a lot of benefits and allows you to keep a close eye on who is coming and going. Read also this article “Is Airbnb safe for renters?“.
Smart locks provide safety to both the host and the guest. They can be remotely granted and denied access, they come with convenience, and they offer flexibility.